Monday, April 20, 2009

36 Weeks and Counting

Still here and still pregnant!

We feel very blessed to be at 36 weeks and have such big and healthy boys still growing comfortably in the womb. Baby A is now measuring about 6 lbs. and Baby B is about 6 lbs. 5 oz. Hooray! It's still safe for them to arrive anytime, but if they're still not here by week 39, my doctor will induce me. It's lookin' good!
Some new developments with my body:
  • My stretch marks are growing darker and deeper everyday and the technician today said they're even swollen. No wonder they're sore! Cocoa butter everyday...
  • Sleeping through the night is a thing of the past. I take cat-naps at night for about 45-60 minutes at a time, waking up each time to flip, go to the bathroom, or get a drink of water. Good thing I can take naps during the day, or I'd be exhausted!
  • Walking has become an emergency-only activity. My leg muscles are very sore (from the hormone, relaxin, that is pumping through my body) and my hips keep popping out of place. It's all nature's way of preparing my body for the miracle of birth!
  • I still surprise myself at my hyper-sense of smell. We were at a restaurant on Sunday and I turned to my sister and said, "Woh, that waitress has bad body odor. Can you smell it?" She just looked at me and smiled. 'Nuff said.
  • I'm getting used to the fact that the majority of my maternity tops no longer cover my entire belly. And I don't care if people can see my belly from underneath. They'd stare at it anyway.
  • Eating at the table while pregnant has refined all of my previous ideas about good table etiquette. Now, it's alright if I need to bring my plate to my mouth so I decrease the chance of a spill. I can't reach the table because of this huge watermelon where my stomach used to be.
  • More and more, I feel so honored that the Lord chose us to grow and nurture TWO of His precious little ones. I still get overwhelmed at times wondering how we're going to make it all work, but I am SUPER excited about what He has in store!

Thank you for your continued prayers and support! I'll be sure to keep updates coming as the boys' arrival draws nearer!

No comments:

Post a Comment