Monday, December 14, 2009

Progress in a Picture

It's true when they say babies grow up really fast.


Last night was the first time that Jonathan got up on all fours. I didn't see him - I was in the kitchen - but Andy witnessed it. It wasn't until later this afternoon that I peaked into his playpen and saw him on all fours, falling down and then getting up again. I couldn't believe it! I put him on the floor to see if I could get a better shot (to view AND to take a picture!) He was not only getting up on all fours, but he was also teetering his body back and forth, like he was getting ready to crawl!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a crawler-in-training!

This piece of information sends me into a whirlwind of emotions. On one hand, I am OVERJOYED for my little one who is perfecting this skill. How talented is he? He's growing up so well! On the other hand, I'm petrified. Having a crawler in the house means I have to baby-proof the house for a crawler for like the ten millionth time since they've been born. We have a small apartment. Where is he gonna go? What is he gonna get into? And I'm so afraid of him falling and getting hurt! I know he has to fall, but I feel so bad when it's time to nurse cuts and bruises.

But today is a day for celebration. (And preparation.) Hooray for Jonathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment