Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Results Are In!

We finally know the results to the placenta test! The boys are FRATERNAL, not identical! That means they didn't share a placenta, but rather, each had their own. So even though they're similar, they each have their own genetic makeup. I'm not saying that Mommy and Daddy don't get them confused every now and then - you can definitely tell they're brothers - but my doctor tells us they have been completely different from conception. It doesn't change how we will care for them, but it does settle some of the curiosity we've felt since we first found out there were two babies growing inside of me!
Since the boys are fraternal, a result of a genetic phenomena in my family, we are already thinking about the future. For our next set of multiples, maybe we'd like to try for two girls. Don't worry, I'm only kidding! We would love to have more children someday, Lord willing, but we're going to take it one step at a time. My body will need at least two years to recover (and acquire enough sleep to carry us through!)
At my appointment, I also learned that I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Hooray for breastfeeding! Those boys are suckin' it right outta me... literally!! :) Praise God, they're doing so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment