Monday, February 20, 2012

Six Weeks or Less

Me and my (currently nameless) baby girl and I at 33 weeks and 5 days. I honestly can't believe we'll be meeting our little one in six weeks...or less!!!  
Lately, I'm feeling exhausted and uncomfortable. But since those are normal side effects of a normal pregnancy, I'm trying to take them in stride and stay positive. I can feel the ligaments in my legs loosening, making it difficult to walk for more than a few minutes at a time or find a comfortable sleeping position. She's quite the mover, too! That little thing's got more room than my boys ever did and man, is she enjoying it! Again, though, I am very grateful for a seemingly healthy baby. I've been going to my OB ever other week to check my weight, blood pressure and to measure my belly, etc. After our next appointment, I'll be going every week. He said that we'll be having a sonogram at 36/37 weeks to see how the baby is measuring and to make a plan for delivery. I miss not having as many sonograms with this normal pregnancy as I did with my 'high risk' one!

I'm trying to make progress on my Baby To Do List, but progress feels especially slow when you've got two toddlers and you're already moving at a third of your normal speed. I don't get many bursts of energy, but when I do, I don't stop until I've done as much as I possible could...and then I need a few days for my body to recover :) We're headed in the right direction, though.

It is wonderful seeing all of the pink in our laundry. I honestly wouldn't have minded another boy, but having always wanted a daughter, seeing the pink and purple makes me all warm inside. I think my husband is getting excited/increasingly nervous, too. Andy grew up with three other brothers, but has since had three nieces, who he's crazy about. I think that has helped him imagine what he might be like as a daddy of a little girl...cause everything else in his blood screams wrestling, jostling and chasing! And my boys couldn't love their daddy any more than they already do. Our baby girl is going to have him wrapped around her little finger. I just know it.

Six more weeks? Wow. Better sneak in a nap while the boys are down so my little one can grow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment