Thursday, March 8, 2012

Glimpse of a Miracle

We went for my 36-week ultrasound today. What a joy, seeing our little one on the big screen!
Here is a glimpse of our newest miracle at 36 weeks

Baby Girl is currently measuring about 6lbs, 13 oz. The sonographer believes that if she arrives close to the due date, she'll gain another two pounds or so. Wow, that's a big baby! Perhaps I feel like I have to tell people how big she is since I get so many comments about how small I look. (I laughed when I learned that a guy went up to Andy at church this past Sunday and whispered, "Wait, are you guys expecting? Or..." I feel absolutely huge and yet, there are people who aren't even sure if we're pregnant or I've just been drinking too much beer!) What's especially weird to think about is the fact that Jack weighed 6lbs, 5oz and Ben weighed 7lbs, 7oz at birth. And that was at 38 weeks! No one believed I was having twins, either - go figure! Guess there's one benefit of having a long torso.

The funniest part of the morning was when our Baby Girl decided to show off her mad acrobatic skills and do a few flips in my uterus. Everyone stopped as they saw her shake my belly like a big bowl of Jello, from side to side, then up and down. I don't care what you believe about God; the fact that a little human is growing inside of me is nothing short of a miracle.

The other part I was surprised by is the fact that she is currently head-down. She had been breach for quite a while and though my OB said there was an 85% chance she would move, I really wasn't sure if she would. That is great news!

Our current plan is to continue taking it easy, rest when I can, but still mother two other toddlers at the same time. If our little one doesn't come by our due date (April 5th,) my OB will take her by c-section. But if she comes on her own ahead of time, he will allow me to try for a VBAC. I wouldn't mind another c-section, especially in planning for my parents to care for our boys while my husband is with me at the hospital, but it would feel really good to be able to try for a vaginal birth as long as the circumstances were right. We ended up having a c-section with the boys rather last minute once we learned Jack was in distress with the chord wrapped around his neck and chest. We'll see how the Lord leads! I'm really happy, either way.

Right now, I am incredibly grateful for a healthy baby, a healthy mommy and modern technology to give me updates on our (still currently unnamed) precious girl!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Just beautiful, Mindy! I had been thinking of you today and wondered if you would post a picture of your little girl! So glad you shared! She looks like her Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful miracle!! Naomi was 6lbs 13oz at birth I was 38 weeks when I had her. :) I can't wait to meet the newest member of the family!! Love you all! Hope we can come for a visit soon!! <3

    ReplyDelete