Saturday, March 24, 2012

Things to Make Me Nervous

A few weeks ago, I saw some cute stuff in Target's dollar section for Easter. I figured, why not? It may be early, but if I bought a few things for the boys' Easter baskets now, I wouldn't have to worry about it once the baby comes! Perfect.

And then a few nights later, I saw some cute polos on Old Navy's website. Aha! Easter outfits! I used some gift certificates I had earned (through Gap's Visa) to get the polos and some new dress pants for almost nothing. Score! Now we're ready for Easter!

Tonight, it finally occured to me to look into plans for the holiday weekend. My first question? When is Easter, exactly?

Imagine my surprise when I find out that Easter is actually April 8th, the Sunday AFTER our baby girl is expected to arrive. WHAT?!? There's a slight chance that I won't even be home from the hospital. I won't be able to go to church. I won't be able to celebrate with my family. I won't be able to take pictures of the boys hunting for Easter eggs! Suddenly, these facts made me very very sad.

I know that having a baby is a big thing and that it's a great excuse to have to miss something, even as important as a holiday that celebrates our Lord's resurrection. But even still, it all came as a surprise. How did I not know this sooner?

Perhaps I wouldn't mind if I had the baby early after all.

And there's another reason I might not mind if I had the baby earlier than I had originally hoped: so my OB could be there for the whole thing!

This past week, my OB said that he and his family would be taking their family vacation on April 4th, but they would be leaving after he performed my c-section. Another doctor would be working with him - "a real gentleman," he said - and that the new doctor would be there for all of my post-op appointments. I was alright with it. I mean, what else could I do? But I was a little sad. I have a great history with my OB.

He's calm, but knowledgable. I always felt like he was acting in our best interests, treating me as a sister and personally interested in our overall health. Especially with the twins. I had just assumed that this time around would be the same.

As excited as I am to meet this Baby Girl and as anxious as I am to make it to April 4th for our scheduled c-section (or VBAC earlier, depending on the circumstances,) I might not mind it so much if our little one had other plans. Just goes to show you that as much as you plan, there's no way you can plan everything!

One step at a time. In the meantime, keep on cookin', baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment