Sunday, March 18, 2012

Not Too Much Longer Now

Baby belly at 37 weeks and 4 days, taken Sunday, March 18th. Can you see how my belly button has "popped"? I think that's about the only change from last week to next. Not sure how much more room this skin can grow, but I'm willing to wait and see!

This pregnancy has been so surreal. I honestly can't believe we'll be meeting our little one in just two and a half weeks. Or less.

The boys are getting really excited, too! It's difficult to know just how much they understand about what's going on - I mean, how much do WE even understand about this amazing process - but they definitely seem to be in the loop. They'll point to my belly and say, "Baby Sisser come out?" and "Baby in your skin?" When they see another small baby, they'll say, "Baby come out of mommy's belly?" They seem to get it. Well, you know, for two almost-three-year-olds.

The things coming out of their mouths is just adorable lately. I've GOT to get them on video more often. Just to capture the innocence of their age. I love hearing them talk to eachother, too. They talk to eachother like two little adults, not a secret twin language or anything (although I will ask their brother what they're saying if I can't understand!)

Here's an example from yesterday. Ben has a heat rash on his stomach and it has gotten agitated from him scratching it. Jack calls anything red and bumpy on your skin (including my moles,) "dots."
JACK: "I see your dots?"
BEN: "Yes. Here." (Ben lifts up his shirt.)
JACK: "They hurt you?"
BEN: "No. It itch."
JACK: "Oh. You put lotion on it. It feel better."

I loved overhearing their little mini conversation, but enjoyed it even more since Andy was there to witness it as well. We just looked at eachother with big eyes and gave eachother that "Oh my gosh, wasn't that just so adorable?"

They'll be so excited to meet their baby sister soon! Her room is ready, my bag is packed and the dressers are STOCKED with clothes for the next few months. But I'm reeeeally hoping she doesn't want to come out until April. Not because I'm not uncomfortable or anything - no, not at all - but because I want her to be as big and healthy as possible. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment